Contest: CD Giveaway - Rosey, "Luckiest Girl"
This contest is over. The winner is keith james from owensboro, KY.
Rosey feels like the Luckiest Girl and she's primed to let her husky alto tell you all about it.
The Los Angeles singer first surfaced on the "Bridget Jones's Diary" soundtrack with the hypnotic funk-hop track "Love." Next, she scored a slot in the Farrelly Brothers’ "Shallow Hal" by placing her tune “The Afterlife” on the soundtrack. That led to her full album debut in 2002, Dirty Child.
Then, she took off in a completely different direction.
Those Eyes: In addition to recording under the
artist name Rosey, Nancy Kaye performs under
her own name as part of the ensemble Lal Meri,
which features an Indian-influenced sound
encompassing electronic and trip hop.
[Photo by Katrina Dickson]
"People had always told me that my voice was well-suited to jazz," Rosey imparts. So, she gravitated away from the layered alternapop of her first album, stripped away the glossy production and revealed a rootsy side. "My favorite thing was recording first thing in the morning, after coffee and a few cigarettes, to get that gravelly milk tone to make me sound wise beyond my years. It was so fun, being able to create this whole new character. I had to quit the smoking though, that shit was killing me," she laughs.
Scrapping the initial idea of a covers album, Rosey instead crafted an entirely original collection that pays homage to her heroes of yesteryear, including Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald and Etta James.
As a former major-label talent scout, she gives out a word of "warning" in the music industry assessment "It's a Ruse," grows through an amicable break-up in "I Remember," and delivers a wedding worthy "Hand In Hand." Even "Love" gets reworked here in a gypsy-jazz style.
Enter our contest below for your chance to win Rosey's Luckiest Girl!Find all our contests on Sweepstakes Advantage
Eligibility and Rules
· Contest is open to persons of any age currently residing in the United States. We will only mail the prize to a winner residing in the U.S.
· A good faith effort will be made to deliver the prize to the winner at the address provided in a timely fashion. The Trades is not responsible for any lost or misdirected packages.
· Sponsor's employees and their dependants are ineligible.
· Only one (1) entry per address will be permitted. Multiple entries will result in all entries being invalidated.
· Limit one (1) prize per person.
· Incomplete entries will be discarded. Remember to include your full name and mailing address, including apartment number, where applicable. The Post Office will not deliver items with incomplete addresses. If a prize is returned as undeliverable, a new drawing will be held and the prize will be awarded to another entrant.
· July 27, 2010 is the final day of the contest.
· The winner will be chosen randomly from all valid entries received. The winner's name will be posted here.
· No purchase necessary.
· Your information will be used only in the event that you are the winner, for mailing purposes.
· All information entered is deleted from our database 6 months after the end of the contest.