Contest: CD Giveaway - Graham Czach, "Lucid"
This contest is over. The winner is Meredith Miller from Tampa, FL.
For fans of baroque pop, Graham Czach is right up your alley. An accomplished musician, composer, upright/electric bassist, vocalist and guitarist, he surrounds himself on his debut album with a truly killer line-up including Kris Myers on drums (Umphrey's McGee), Matt Nelson on keys (Lupe Fiasco, Matthew Santos), and Chris Siebold on guitar (Howard Levy, Kick The Cat).
“After being a sideman with many other groups for so long, playing everything from funky Afrobeat to jazz bass with the Aaron Koppel Quartet in Chicago,” says Czach, “I’m finally bringing out my true heart and soul on a project that is the culmination of all my influences and years of studying music and working as a musician."
02. Hurry Up and Wait
03. Keep You
04. Will I Ever
07. Gather Round
08. True Love
11. Lost In Life
12. Goodnight (Lily)
A longtime Mars Volta enthusiast, Czach reached out to legendary album artist Jeff Jordan to create the album cover of Lucid, and Jordan’s painting, “The Widow,” ties in with many of the themes and messages on the album.
“I’ve always had ideas in my songs that explore the whole light vs. dark, good vs. evil, corruption vs. innocence themes,” he adds. “These themes tie into the music, which gets heavy and dark and times, then soars into the light at others."
Those themes cover issues of social consciousness, like tree-hugging (“Gather Round,” an environmental tribute to John Lennon featuring references to the Beatles' chorus from “Across the Universe”), the downward spiral of harmful addictions (a cacophonous “Nightmare”), spiritual discovery (the hypnotic “Reincarnate”) and abortion (“Choice”). For a hint into his misguided allegiance to the latter, look no further than the chorus ("And the choice was yours to begin with/Who are they to take your rights/Now it's up to the willing and able/Shouting loud and free, pro-choice") and the fact that he has promised to donate a portion of the proceeds from Lucid to Planned Parenthood.
Enter our contest below for your chance to win Lucid by Graham Czach!Find all our contests on Sweepstakes Advantage
Eligibility and Rules
· Contest is open to persons of any age currently residing in the United States. We will only mail the prize to a winner residing in the U.S.
· A good faith effort will be made to deliver the prize to the winner at the address provided in a timely fashion. The Trades is not responsible for any lost or misdirected packages.
· Sponsor's employees and their dependants are ineligible.
· Only one (1) entry per address will be permitted. Multiple entries will result in all entries being invalidated.
· Limit one (1) prize per person.
· Incomplete entries will be discarded. Remember to include your full name and mailing address, including apartment number, where applicable. The Post Office will not deliver items with incomplete addresses. If a prize is returned as undeliverable, a new drawing will be held and the prize will be awarded to another entrant.
· August 7, 2010 is the final day of the contest.
· The winner will be chosen randomly from all valid entries received. The winner's name will be posted here.
· No purchase necessary.
· Your information will be used only in the event that you are the winner, for mailing purposes.
· All information entered is deleted from our database 6 months after the end of the contest.