Contest: CD Giveaway - Forest Sun, "Just Begun"
This contest is over. The winner is arden osherman from stuart, FL.
I don't recall many trees in Tucson, but when Forest Sun ended his tour of the Southwest in the desert town, he stayed there for months, writing the new songs that became his eighth studio album, Just Begun, releasing October 2, 2012.
“This is definitely an American record,” he explains. “After half a year in Europe, I looked at this country with new eyes and a deeper appreciation. I found inspiration in a new city and in the rhythm of staying in one place after so much time on the road.”
|01. Just Begun
02. The Sky is Smiling
03. Nostalgic Bells
04. Just My Size
05. Not Waiting
06. Take That Wander
07. Like Water In the Desert
08. Shooting the Moon
09. It's Good To See You
10. Unteathered Heart
11. El Coyote
12. Long Day
The desert landscape had a profound effect on Forest’s new songs, as did the new friends who joined him in the studio. Winston Watson (Bob Dylan, Lenny Kravitz) played drums, Craig Schumacher (Iron & Wine) played organ and harmonica, Fen Ikner (Calexico) handled bass, and Jacob Valenzuela (Calexico) played trumpet. Rounding out the all-star Americana group were Forest’s longtime touring partner and harmony singer, Transylvanian songbird Ingrid Serban, as well as two luminaries from Oklahoma, Jared Tyler (Emmylou Harris) on mandolin and dobro and Jesse Aycock, lap and pedal steel.
“We bought Waylon Jennings’ cousin’s old upright piano at a garage sale,” Forest remembered. “I love to play the piano and don’t always have the chance on the road. A piano doesn’t exactly fit in my suitcase or the overhead compartment on the plane. New songs were written on that piano and some old ones came to life again.”
The result is a rootsy Americana record tinged with a Sonoran desert flavor, all wrapped up in Forest’s laid-back California style.
Enter our contest below for your chance to win Just Begun by Forest Sun on CD!Find all our contests on Sweepstakes Advantage
Eligibility and Rules
· Contest is open to persons of any age currently residing in the United States. We will only mail the prize to a winner residing in the U.S.
· A good faith effort will be made to deliver the prize to the winner at the address provided in a timely fashion. The Trades is not responsible for any lost or misdirected packages.
· Sponsor's employees and their dependants are ineligible.
· Only one (1) entry per address will be permitted. Multiple entries will result in all entries being invalidated.
· Limit one (1) prize per person.
· Incomplete entries will be discarded. Remember to include your full name and mailing address, including apartment number, where applicable. The Post Office will not deliver items with incomplete addresses. If a prize is returned as undeliverable, a new drawing will be held and the prize will be awarded to another entrant.
· September 20, 2012 is the final day of the contest.
· The winner will be chosen randomly from all valid entries received. The winner's name will be posted here.
· No purchase necessary.
· Your information will be used only in the event that you are the winner, for mailing purposes.
· All information entered is deleted from our database 6 months after the end of the contest.