This contest is over. The winner is Lana Fitzgerald from La Vista, NE.
With an eyebrow-raising cover, Bedhed and Blondy
aim to "buck" the music industry trend to box artists into a
particular genre. Their third album, Down South, defies definition except
under the category of "good music."
"Loving You" is all Bedhed and Blondy want to do on
their new record, Down South, with a unique blend of
musical genres. “Fran and I have been calling our new
sound ‘Neo South,’” explains Jay Studdard, non-blonde
half of the coed Americana duo. “It’s a mix of blues,
southern rock, pop, rock, alt country, and folk.”
Bedhed and Blondy are a Nashville based duo consisting of Jay Studdard and Fran Jackson.
“Down South came out of a bunch of things I remember about growing up in middle Georgia,”
Studdard says of the album. “The things my parents would say, the things I was expected to do or not do… It’s very autobiographical. The motivation for most
of these songs came from personal experiences. It’s a complicated world, and we tend to only complicate it more
most of the time, which makes for lots of good material to write about.”
Enter our contest below for your chance to win Down South by Bedhed and Blondy
· Contest is open to persons of any age currently residing in the United States. We will only mail the prize to a winner residing in the U.S.
· A good faith effort will be made to deliver the prize to the winner at the address provided in a timely fashion. The Trades is not responsible for any lost or misdirected packages.
· Sponsor's employees and their dependants are ineligible.
· Only one (1) entry per address will be permitted. Multiple entries will result in all entries being invalidated.
· Limit one (1) prize per person.
· Incomplete entries will be discarded. Remember to include your full name and mailing address, including apartment number, where applicable. The Post Office will not deliver items with incomplete addresses. If a prize is returned as undeliverable, a new drawing will be held and the prize will be awarded to another entrant.
· September 24, 2012 is the final day of the contest.
· The winner will be chosen randomly from all valid entries received. The winner's name will be posted here.
· No purchase necessary.
· Your information will be used only in the event that you are the winner, for mailing purposes. · All information entered is deleted from our database 6 months after the end of the contest.